CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® is a web-based
- information system
- communication system
- editing system
- publication system
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® was devised, experimentally tested and defined at the Institute for Integrated Publication and Information Systems (IPSI) attached to the FHG – Fraunhofer Gesellschaft in Darmstadt.
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® was developed jointly as a database system based on FHG-IPSI specifications by CPO HANSER SERVICE and the GLOBIT – Globale Informationstechnik GmbH – and is marketed both as a software product and a service package.
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® runs on a web server that is maintained at the premises of the FHG-IPSI and is connected to the German Research Network. The system enables simultaneous access by a large number of users at any time.
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® can be accessed via the web domain registered for the congress. During the congress the service can be accessed from Internet terminals at the congress venue.
CPO HANSER SERVICE offers you the use of CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® for your congress:
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® as an
- provides all the latest available congress information including the welcome address by the congress president, the provisional and later final congress programme, abstracts, general congress information and information on hotels, congress venue and congress city
- reports on congress news as it happens
- acts as a personal message service for congress participants (private mailbox)
- provides sponsors with a variety of marketing services
CO CONGRESS ONLINE ® as a
communication system enables:
- Online submission of abstracts direct to the congress database
- Online evaluation of abstracts by a scientific committee
- direct communication with speakers and participants
- participation in electronic discussion and chat forums
- keyword search for congress papers using a full-text search engine
- access to the up-to-date register of participants and exhibitors
- production of a personal congress schedule
- electronic congress registration
- electronic booking of congress events such as workshops, meet the scientists, etc.
- electronic hotel room reservation
- electronic booking of tours and excursions
- direct communication with sponsors
CONGRESS ONLINE ® as an editing
- electronic assessment of abstracts by the reviewers
- coordination of congress publications by the congress committee
CONGRESS ONLINE ® as a publication
FHG – German National Research Center for Information Technology
- export of data to other systems for production of print media by publishing houses and printers
- supply of congress papers to the congress library
FHG conducts cutting edge research on a national and international level. It will continue doing so by cooperating with partners from trade and industry including media industry. As an application-oriented research institution, FHG will extend existing contacts and establish new contacts with potential partners.
FHG sees itself as a catalyst of innovative ideas in the field of information technology. FHG is the place where researchers can develop innovative ideas in cooperation with partners from trade and industry who transform the obtained research results into new products.
GLOBIT - Global Information Technology GmbH
GLOBIT - Global Information Technologies was founded in January 1997 as a spin-off of the Institute for Integrated Publication and Information Systems (IPSI) of the German National Research Centre for Information Technology (GMD).
Today GLOBIT belongs to CPO HANSER SERVICE GmbH. GLOBIT produces special software-solutions for the planning and carrying out of large international congresses with more than 1000 participants.
CPO HANSER SERVICE GmbH
CPO HANSER SERVICE GmbH was founded in Hamburg in 1983 and Berlin in 1984 by the managing partners Inge and Hermann Hanser, who have worked in the congress and tourism industry since 1977. Our Dresden office was opened in 1991.
As a Professional Congress Organizer (PCO) CPO has been a member of the ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) and the GCB (German Convention Bureau) since their inception. CPO is a founder member of the DCB Dresden Convention Bureau and is also affiliated to the IAPCO (International Association of Professional Congress Organizers).
As an incentive agency and destination management company, CPO is a member of the Site International Society of Incentive Travel Executives. In 1992 CPO became a shareholder of International Conference Network Ltd, London, a marketing company which stages congresses, conferences and incentive events around the world. The primary role of CPO has always been the planning, organization and staging of conferences and congresses. An eye for detail and creative flair led to the setting up of the incentive agency.
The organization of unique and unforgettable trips has become another benchmark of the quality of services provided by CPO. To meet clients' requests we have continued to create, develop and run an increasing number of innovative incentive trips.
The name CPO is synonymous with reliability, both for our clients and for our local suppliers.
Tel.: (+49-6151) 893690
Fax: (+49-6151) 894033
CPO HANSER SERVICE GmbH
Hamburg – Berlin – Dresden
Paulsborner Straße 44
Tel : (+49-30) 300 669-0
Fax : (+49-30) 300 669 – 50